Books / Occupation 1940 – D-day- Market Garden – Liberation ’44/’45 – Panzer
On this page you will find our offer to NL, English and German books about the occupation and liberation of the Netherlands and Europe: May 1940, Market Garden, D-day, Wehrmacht / tanks etc.. These books are usually in stock and a selection is on display and sale during the excursions. Looking for a book? Let us know, we will make you a non-binding offer! Orders. per email: DRG@hccnet.nl
Attention: We have many more books than we can display here, our complete current range of hundreds of new and antiquarian books in the field of Military History you will find via this link:
- in NL v.a. €4,45 (briefpakje PostNL), packet ( Track&Trace) from € 5,95 NL (DHL)
- SPECIAL OFFER: boeken boven euro 25 : altijd pakketzending met Track&Trace / DHL of DPD!!
- Verzendkosten Belgie: v.a. € 6,-/ DPD pickup-parcel of €,,en,Eyewitness accounts,,de,'Prince Henry,,de,and the rail artillery of the German Wehrmacht,,nl,pgs many photos and ill,,nl 6,70 DPD Pakket
- Attention: prices quoted are indicative of antiquarian books, these may differ regarding . supply and quality!
- All offers subject to availability, price changes / errors / sold reserved!! (Prices , valid from. aug 2020)
- Prijs op aanvraag = boek is leverbaar, niet op voorraad, prijs afhankelijk van inkoop
OUR BOOKS TOP,,nl,Market Garden to liberation,,nl,J.Brouwer,,nl,P.Grimm e.v.a,,en,Red Berets,,en,Red Crosses,,en,Ingrid Beltman,,nl,Schlei position Schiermonnikoog,,de,René Voulon,,fr, Off at Last,,en,OUR BOOKS TOP,,nl,Market Garden to liberation,,nl,J.Brouwer,,nl,P.Grimm e.v.a,,en,Red Berets,,en,Red Crosses,,en,Ingrid Beltman,,nl,Schlei position Schiermonnikoog,,de,René Voulon,,fr, Off at Last,,en 10
- A few vital hours (2e dr/ softcover) – S.Revell, N.Cherry & B Gerritsen
- Hitched up and ready to move- Simpson, Raisani, Reinders & Zwarts
- Standby – steady- fire! – Simpson, Raisani, Reinders & Zwarts
- Vergeltungswaffen in NL – Henk Koopman
- US Air Support Signal Teams – C.Cornelissen & W.Boersma
- Fighting the British at Arnhem,,en,Fighting the British at Arnhem,,en: SS-Unterführerschule Arnhem,,de,PLEASE NOTE,,en,Reserve your copy now at only €,,en,‘Fighting the British at Arnhem’ describes,,en,This force was commanded by Generalleutnant Hans von Tettau,,en,Its main task was to destroy the British airborne forces and thwart Allied plans,,en,from Trez / Peter Hendrix,,fr,Very nice German book about this elite corps of the Luftwaffe,,nl – Bob Gerritsen
- Atlantic Fireplaces-Duiveland (SC) – Heykoop & Rijpsma
- Polar Bears at Nispen and Roosendaal – R.Catsburg
- Arnhem Bridge, target Mike One – Truesdale, Cornelissen,nl & Gerritsen
- For no apparent reason, the shooting of Cpt.Brownscombe – R.M.Gerritsen
NEW RELEASES,,en,Neisingh,,sn,Verbeek,,en,completely revised and extensive 2nd edition,,nl,Extensive description of all Funkmess placed in NL,,nl,equipment for,,nl,Air Force and Navy,,de,Some background information about organization and tactics,,nl,Extensive literature overview,,nl,citation and keywords register,,nl,many ill / photos / cards,,nl,Vzkn,,cs,They were all over the sky,,en,In the last hour - Johannes Steinhoff,,de,G. Veins,,nl,Excellent,,nl,recent,,en,Republic,,en,Thunderchief F-84E/G,,en,galvanized € 5.95,,nl,Lockheed F-104G Starfighter,,en,very extensive and well documented book about this legendary jet fighter that of,,nl,was employed by the Klu,,nl,many pictures in black and color,,nl,vz.kn NL €5,95,,en !!!
● Hitched up and ready to move – Simpson, Raisani, Reinders, Zwarts
- operations of A-troop First Airlanding Anti-tank Battery in Arnhem during Operation Market-Garden analyzed in depth
- softcover, English, 106 pgs, geill. with tickets and photos
- condition as new, € 19,95
● Standby-Steady-Fire! – Simpson, Raisani, Reinders, Zwarts
- operations of B-troop First Airlanding Anti-tank Battery at Arnhem during Operation Market-Garden analyzed in depth
- softcover, English, 144 pgs, geill. with tickets and photos
- condition as new,. € 24,95
● Polderfighting, the battle for the liberation of Oostburg 1944 – R.Catsburg
- detailed desciption of the heavy fighting by 3.Canadian Infantry Division, part of II.Canadian / 1st Canadian Army Corps in Oct'44 to liberate Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, the South-shore of Westerschelde estuary, the entrance to Antwerp harbour.
- this vital large harbour fell into Allied hands almost undamaged by help of Belgian resistance early Sept’44, but could not be used because the Germans still held both sides of Westerschelde estuary.
- Fieldmarshall Montgomery later admitted that not giving priority to clearing of Westerschelde area was a mistake. …..
- A4 format, hardback, 368 pgs, lushly illustrated in BW & FC
- now available in English and Dutch language!
- new € 45,-
● Polar Bears, in Nispen and Roosendaal, operation Thruster (26-31 Oct 1944) – R.Catsburg
- detailed account of the liberation by the English 49th ( West Riding ) Infantry Division , along with the 4th Canadian Armored Division, van Nispen and Roosendaal
- this military operation under Canadian command, was part of the liberation of Walcheren and the capture of the Western Scheldt
- softcover, A4 format, 143 pgs, several. ill. and photo;It's black and white
- condition as new,. € 24,95
● The ninth siege, Operation Suitcase – the liberation of Essen, Wouwse plantation, Bergen op Zoom and Tholen Oct-Nov 1944 – R.Catsburg
- Detailed account of the liberation by a combined English, Polish US Army olv. I. Canadian Army Corps of this part of the Netherlands
- – this military action was an essential part of the capture of the Western Scheldt, access to the port of Antwerp
- hardback, A4 format, 608 pgs (!), vele zw.w.& FC illustrations and photos
- condition as new,. € 59,50, verz.kn € 5,95/ NL
● May 1940 – P.Kamphuis / H.Amersfoort
- Reprinted from reputable book on the German invasion in NL Since visiting 1990 this book has become a classic on the struggle of 1940.
- Benefits this new edition of the latest state of research and has retained the provocative nature of the first edition. It is richly illustrated with clear maps and diagrams. Indispensable for those who want to understand what went wrong.
- Paperback , 460 blz., several. photos and ill zw.w. and color, condition as new,. € 34,90
●Slag om de Grebbeberg – S.Minjon (red)
- With the German invasion in May 1940 the neutral Netherlands lost its freedom. However that did not go without a fight. The fierce battle for the Grebbeberg was accompanied by huge losses on both sides; Rhenen and Wageningen were laid in ruins. This book depicts the Battle of the Grebbeberg of this struggle. By showing more than 330 photos, the reader is taken from the mobilization time in August 1939 to the May days 1940 and the devastation left behind, with the Dutch soldiers in the leading role.
- For the first time the Battle of the Grebbeberg is presented in all phases through, mostly German pictures. With unique images of the struggle itself, seen through German eyes surrounded by German soldiers who had orders to bring down the Dutch opponents as quickly as possible to their knees.
- hardcover, big format 22 x 28 cm, 248 pgs, with 330 BW. photos,
- condition as new,. € 29,50
● Bezetting in Vogelvlucht – T.vd Berg, C. de Decker
- A fantastic book (published 2012) aerial photography over NL during WW2, many beautiful aerial photographs of which. sommige in 3D! (glasses are incl),
- 260 pgs, bound. hardcover A4 format, many photos and ill,new
- new. € 59,50
● Radio Kootwijk – Cees van der Pluym,,nl,● K2 Topographical Staff Map,,nl
- Beautifully illustrated A4 size book about the history of this illustrious broadcasting station, with which from 1923 via long-wave long-distance telephony with ao. NL India was maintained
- in World War II, the station was used by the Germans to communicate with their U-boat on the Atlantic,
- the building, one of the first concrete buildings in NL, is a national monument and is now used for cultural events
- A4 format, vele FC foto’s, bound. hardcover, 224 pgs.
- condition as new,. € 49,95
● Facetten van de slag om Arnhem – W.H.Tiemens
- Wanted booklet which describes several aspects of battle of Arnhem:. Luftwaffe Command centre Diogenes / Y-bearing stations 'Teerosen', the recovered diary of a Unteroffizier of Teerose 2 2, the Pegasus escape across the Rhine, betrayal Market Garden (King Kong)
- new. in good order, 192 pgs.
- v.a. € 17,50 to € 24,50
● Ede in armor – E. van de Weerd
- The history of Ede as a garrison town from 1795, o.a. the events during the 2nd World War, such as plane crashes, bombing, Market Garden, Fliegerhorst Deelen etc. Lots of info and incl DVD 'Liberation of the Veluwe'.!! Nw. 2nd print, 516 pgs!!, bound
- nieuw nu € 22,50 (Vz.kn.NL v.a. € 5,55)
- OFFER: Coat of Arms Air War Ede together for,,nl,Coat of Arms Air War Ede together for,,nl 29,95 !!! (Vz.kn.NL € 5,75)
● Schaarsbergen, of Zijpendaal to Kemperberg
- Nice picture book about the history of this village, incl. unique photos of Diogenes and Divisionsdorf!, 89 pgs, lumbacked, format 22 x 22 cm
- condition as new,. softcover € 14,95 / hardcover € 17,95
● Radarstelling Biber, kustverdediging op Oost-Voorne – Jeroen Rijpsma
- Unique book with many pictures, maps and plans of the Luftwaffe radar site 'Biber'’ bij Brielle /Oost-Voorne,
- now SOFT-cover, A4 Format, many pictures tickets etc, condition as new,. € on request!
● Atlantikwall Goeree – Overflakkee - Peter Heijkoop / Jeroen Rijpsma
- Unique book with many pictures, maps and bunker-plans of the Atlanticwall defences on Goeree-Overflakkee ,
- Softcover, A4 Format, many pictures tickets etc, condition as new,. € 129,50
● Atlantic Schouwen-Duiveland - J.Rijpsma / P.C.Heijkoop
- Beautifully designed book about the German defences on Schouwen-Duiveland during WW2.
- A4 format, 240 pgs, many photos and ill,
- Softcover, new. reprint € 39,50, Hardcover € 69,50 (1 available!)
- enkele ex. met lichte schade a.d. rug voor € 29,50
● Küver-bunkers in NL – J.Rijpsma / K.van Brakel
- Detailed description of the Luftwaffe 'küstenverteidigungs’ bunkers in the Neue Westwall as claimed Luftwaffe specifications are built on different locations in the coastal strip from 1942 defending Flak Shelf, radar positions and airports etc.
- 2nd print, A4 format, softcover, 56 pgs, many illustrations and photographs, maps etc
- new, €29,95,,en,€29,95,,en
● Voorne-Putten in wartime 1939-1945 – Bob Benschop / Jeroen Rijpsma
- Beautiful book about the war on Voorne-Putten, where developments are discussed extensively in the military field
- hardcover, 208 pgs, A4 Format, lots of photos (in color!), cards etc, condition as new,.
- € on request
● Shelter City, bunker construction during WW2 and Cold War – Koos Bosma,
- vd population protection against air attacks in England, Germany and NL, o.a. Seys-Inquart as developer, with many ill. and maps of bunkers in NL (o.a. Hague, Arnhem, Apeldoorn),
- 464 pgs (!), hardcover, from € 19.95 (vz.kosten NL v.a. € 5,75)
● Forschungsstelle Langeveld – H.Knap
- The incredible story of a German listening post in NL (first in Noordwijk, later Valkenswaard) waarmee de Duitsers het trans-atlantische telefoonverkeer vd. Allies!!
- NL, paperback, new € 39,95
MARKET GARDEN / D-DAY / LIBERATION/
● D-Day - June 1944 – Will Fowler,
- lots of photos, 190 pgs, A4 , SC, NL, many ill, condition as new,. € 12,95
● D-day – Martin Bowman,
- Well-known author interviews with veterans (Allied and German), very nicely executed book with many photos, tickets both zw.w. and in color! Available in English and Dutch € 19.95
● Eyes of Patton – USAAF Combat reconnaissance mission over NW-Europe 44-45 – Tom Ivie
- nicely done English hardcover / A4 photo book about the dangerous exploration of 10th Photo Reconnaissance Group of the U.S. Air Force. With many such images of all devices used. € on request
● They were all over the sky – Antoon Meijers
- a study of the US bombing prior to and during Operation Market Garden September 1944 by EOD-Kapt.(bd.) Antoon Meijers
- sealed, gebonden hardcover met stofomslag, A4 format, 300 pgs, vele (air) fotos en ill. condition as new,. € 32,95
● Bridges are burning & Bridges are ours – M. de Trez/ P.Hendrix
- After the publication of ‘Orange is the Colour of the Day‘ (2 vols/ see down below ) which covers the depart and actions of the 101 US Airborne Division, Michel De Trez and Peter Hendrikx have now compiled the complete pictorial history of the 82nd Airborne Division during Operation Market Garden and its aftermath.
- “Burning Bridges” (volume 1) and “Bridges Are Ours” (volume 2) are the culmination of 35 years of airborne history research……
- 976 pages and over 1600 B/W and FC photographs,,en,most of which have never been published before. Hardcover,,en,Folio format 24,,en,shipping weight,,en,kgs,,en,set ,,en,All photos are identified either by date,,en,location,,en,name of individual soldiers,,en,equipment,,en,or historical context,,en,Often all these leads have been identified,,en,This resulted in erudite and extensive captions,,en,Rare identified airborne equipment,,en,documents and artifacts from the December44 and D-Day Experience Museums’ collections and local collections are spread throughout the book,,en, most of which have never been published before.
- hardcover, Folio format 24×30,5 cm , shipping weight 5,5 kgs(!), € 189,-/ set (Shipping NL from €5,95)
- All photos are identified either by date, location, name of individual soldiers, equipment, or historical context. Often all these leads have been identified. This resulted in erudite and extensive captions.
Rare identified airborne equipment, documents and artifacts from the December44 and D-Day Experience Museums’ collections and local collections are spread throughout the book.
● Orange is the colour of the Day – P.Hendrikx/ M. Trez
- Fantastic large format photobook 101 Airb.Div, Eindhoven Betuwe 1944 1944, limited edition!
- Hardcover, English , A4, 560 pgs!, many photos zw.w./FC cards,uniforms, weapons, etc., a must vd Band of Brothers fan!
- Nw € 129,50 (Vz.kn. NL € 5,75)
● D-Dayminus 1 - 17 seven 1944 – P.Hendrikx, M. Trez
- Large format photo book vd preparation 101 AIRB Div before leaving NL 1944
- HC, 208 pgs, vele zw.w /FC foto’s nw € 49,50
- Set price € 169,95 (P)
● The Street,,nl,● The battle of Arnhem,,nl,Antony Beevor,,en,appeared 'new standard work' by this well-known author,,nl,with zw.w,,nl,€32,50,,en,vz.kn,,en,● Arnhem,,en,● Stashed away,,nl,Ingrid Moon,,nl,€ 159,- ,,en,Travel by Dark,,en,REIGNED book on campaigns Kampfgruppe Knaust,,nl,● The Street,,nl,● The battle of Arnhem,,nl,Antony Beevor,,en,appeared 'new standard work' by this well-known author,,nl,with zw.w,,nl,€32,50,,en,vz.kn,,en,● Arnhem,,en,● Stashed away,,nl,Ingrid Moon,,nl,€ 159,- ,,en,Travel by Dark,,en,REIGNED book on campaigns Kampfgruppe Knaust,,nl – Robert Kershaw
- interviews van vooraanstaand auteur met ooggetuigen die Sept’44 langs de Utrechtseweg woonden. Deze weg tussen Arnhem on Oosterbeek, one of the major routes march of the English paratroopers was during Market Garden. Van de ene dag op de andere veranderde een rustig dorp aan de Veluwe in de frontlinie.
- Softcover , 400 pgs, 8 pgs met zw.w foto’s occ,,en,V. A. €,,sk,☻Market,,en,☻D-Dayminus,,en,☻A few vital hours,,en,pgs met zw.w foto’s occ,,en,V. A. €,,sk,☻Market,,en,☻D-Dayminus,,en,☻A few vital hours,,en. v.a. € 19,95 (Vz.kn NL € 5,95)
● De slag om Arnhem – Antony Beevor
- 2018 appeared 'new standard work,,nl,from this well-known author,,nl,● Stashed away,,nl’ van deze bekende auteur
- softcover, 480 pgs, wv. 32 met zw.w. fotos , € 19,95 (vz.kn 5,95 / NL)
● Angel of Arnhem: memories on September '44 – Kate ter Horst
- the latest revised and extended hardcover edition (2018) from the famous booklet by Kate ter Horst, inhabitant of the rectory next to the Oosterbeek old church.
- the Ter Horst family proposed their house Sept.. 44 available to the British paratroopers as a medical aid post.
- appeared in 1946 as "A red cross post", was translated as "A regimental aid post", and later reprints appeared under the title "Cloud over Arnhem’ .
- available in both English and Dutch!
- hardcover, 160 pgs, illustrated with sw. and colors (!) photos,
- € 16,95
● Arnhem 40-45 – I.Jacobs,
- fraai uitgevoerd photoboek over het leven in Arnhem tijdens WO2,
- hardcover, A4, 116 pgs met 100 pictures color / zw.w, condition as new,. € 24,95
● A bridge too far – Cornelius Ryan
- the famous standard work on the Battle of Arnhem Sept.. 1944
- hardcover, geill. met zw.w. fotos, 512 pgs, various. ex. available from € 7,95 (verz.kn €5,95)
● Van Market Garden tot Bevrijding , en het belang van het Over-Betuwse bruggenhoofd – Jan Brouwer
- new reprint! Beautiful large format and richly illustrated NL book about the 'Battle of Arnhem,,nl,and battle for the Allied bridgehead that subsequently arose in the Overbetuwe and that was meant for possible attacks in the Northern or Eastern direction,,nl,In an almost encyclopedic way, the author describes the military course of events from September,,nl,Their Final Battle,,en,K2 German Topographic map 40WEST stand,,nl’ en strijd om het Geallieerde bruggenhoofd dat daarna in de Overbetuwe ontstond en dat was bedoeld voor eventuele aanvallen in Noordelijke of Oostelijke richting.
- Op bijna encyclopedische wijze beschrijft de auteur de militaire gang van zaken vanaf september 1944, toen Op. Market Garden begon aanvang nam, tot en met de capitulatie van de Duitse troepen in mei 1945.
- De auteur, die uiteraard veel aandacht heeft voor het Over-Betuwse bruggenhoofd (‘the Island’), noemt onder meer het schrappen van de landing van een Britse brigade bij Elst als een van de oorzaken van het mislukken van Market Garden.
- condition as new,, hardcover, A4, 412 pgs vele ill, condition as new,. € on request (Vz.kn € 5,95)
● Weggemoffeld – Ingrid Maan
- Weggemoffeld! bevat interviews met de Duitse oorlogsveteranen die Ingrid Maan tussen 2009 in 2010 maakte voor de projectgroep Gelderland 1940-1945.
- Het boek beschrijft niet alleen de belevenissen van de Duitse oorlogsveteranen rondom de slag om Arnhem, maar gaat veel uitgebreider op het oorlogsthema in. Naast West- en Oostfrontervaringen, gevangenschap en terugkeer naar huis, komen ook de voor- en naoorlogse jaren aan bod.
- Uitg. Fagus 2016, 2nd print, hardcover, format 17 x 24 cm, 320 pgs, geillustreerd met div. unieke foto’s uit fotoboeken van de geïnterviewden, condition as new,. € 24,95 (Vz.kn Eur 5,95)
● RAF at Arnhem – Buist, Maassen & Reinders
- good English book on the re-supply droppings, many ill, A4 format, 200 pgs
- € p.o.a,,pt,single ex,,nl,with minor damage a.d,,nl,back for €,,nl.
● Battle of Arnhem - Lloyd Clark,
- beautiful rich geill. NL (!) book, A4 , HC, 176 pgs, NL, many ill nw. € 14,95
● A few vital hours – Revell, Cherry & Gerritse
- fraai boek over de beslissende rol die het SS-Panzergrenadier-Ausbildungs und Ersatz-Battalion 16 headed by. Sepp Kraft heeft gespeeld in de Slag om Arnhem ,
- A4 , hardcover, English, 155 pgs, many unique pictures,
- as new. € on request
● Fighting the British at Arnhem: SS-Unterführerschule Arnhem,,de,PLEASE NOTE,,en,Reserve your copy now at only €,,en,‘Fighting the British at Arnhem’ describes,,en,This force was commanded by Generalleutnant Hans von Tettau,,en,Its main task was to destroy the British airborne forces and thwart Allied plans,,en,from Trez / Peter Hendrix,,fr,Very nice German book about this elite corps of the Luftwaffe,,nl – Its origins and Operations against the 1st British Airborne Division September 1944 – Bob Gerritsen
- high quality limited edition – Sigmond Publishing book by renown Market Garden author Bob Gerritsen (e.g. A few vital hours / Arnhem Bridge-Target Mike One)
- new, A4 hardback, 224 pages, lavishly illustrated w. 300 b/w photos, documents & maps, full colour cover , € 34,50 + pp
- The SS Unterführerschule,,de,Arnheim was a school for soldiers of the Waffen-SS where they were trained to become non-commissioned officers,,en,The training was extremely demanding and rigorous,,en,During the ‘Battle of Arnhem’ the school’s officers and students were chiefly deployed on the western fringes of the area so desperately defended by the 1st British Airborne Division,,en,It was incorporated into the ‘Kampfgruppe von Tettau’,,en,a force raised as a direct result of the airborne landings,,en – Arnheim was a school for soldiers of the Waffen-SS where they were trained to become non-commissioned officers. The training was extremely demanding and rigorous.
- During the ‘Battle of Arnhem’ the school’s officers and students were chiefly deployed in ‘Kampfgruppe Von Tettau’ on the western fringes of the area so desperately defended by the 1st British Airborne Division.
- Not only does Bob Gerritsen share with us the school’s early history and its deployment during the Battle of Arnhem, but he goes on to describe the unit’s desperate struggle to fend off later Allied attacks in the area south of the River Rhine. There the school fought fierce battles and suffered many casualties, eventually leading to its demise and disbandment in November 1944.
● Off at Last: An Illustrated History of the 7th (Galloway) Btln.- R.Sigmond
- ‘The King’s Own Scottish Borderers’, 1939-1945 , based on official archives and personal testimonies of members of this battalion that participated in the nine days of heavy fighting in Oosterbeek during Market Garden sept.44 , incl. Battalion Roll of Honour.
A4 format, softcover, 219 pgs, many photos and ill, condition as new,. € 59,50
● ARNHEM Bridge: Target Mike One – David Truesdale – Martijn Cornelissen – Bob Gerritsen
- Fraai uitgevoerd boek in A4 format over de geschiedenis van de 1st Airlanding Light Regiment Royal Artillery 1942-1945. Beschreven worden de verrichtingen van deze luchtlandings – artillerie eenheid in Noord Afrika, Italië, Arnhem en Noorwegen.
- hardcover w. FC dust wrapper, A4 format (21,5 x 28cm), 235 pgs, 282 B&The fotos, 22 documents, 3 maps, 2 aerial pics, 1x A3 size aerial foldout aerial pic (!), condition as new,. € 39,50
● When dragons flew – Stuart, Gray & Green
- beautiful book about history of the 1st Battalion of the Border Regiment (KSOB)
- English, hardcover, A4 format, 232 pgs, lots of photos , only to get an antiquarian € 59,95
● Arnhem; Their Final Battle – Truesdale & Pijper
- history of the 11 Btn.Para.Rgt. in 1943 in 44. The 11.Parachute Btln. landed first, for the main power, during the Battle of Arnhem, o.a. to turn off all radio beacons and mark landing zones,
- A4 format, hardcover, 208 pgs, many photos and ill, condition as new,, sold out. € 59,50
● Nine Days at Arnhem -R.Sigmond
- Canadian Officers under the CANLOAN Scheme in the 7th (Galloway) Battalion of the King’s Own Scottish Borderers,
- history of the (to English army added) Canadian soldiers during Operation Market Garden in 1944, A4, hardcover, 180 pgs, vele ill a photo's, condition as new, . € p.o.a,,pt,single ex,,nl,with minor damage a.d,,nl,back for €,,nl.
● By Land, Sea, and Air – Junier, Smulders & Korsloot
- geschiedenis van het 2nd Battalion The South Staffordshire Regiment, 1940-1945, that O.Â. was involved in the Battle of Arnhem,
- A4, hardcover, 229 pgs, many photos and ill, very nice book , condition as new,. € p.o.a,,pt,single ex,,nl,with minor damage a.d,,nl,back for €,,nl.
● Red Berets and Red Crosses – Niall Cherry
- the history of the Medical Services in the 1.stAirborne Division during WW2, hardcover, A4 format, beautifully executed with many zw.w. photos, maps , 168 pgs, condition as new,.
- condition as new,. € 32,50
● Travel by Dark- Graeme Warrack
- adventures of an English officer after Market Garden: he was captured, long kept himself hidden and escaped across the Rhine
- new . improved edition , hardcover, 207 pgs, Veles photos in ill , condition as new, € 24,50
● Leading the way to Arnhem – P.Gijbels & D.Truesdale
- history 21.Independent Parachute Company 1942-1946, The independently operating elite unit for the main force by parachute to jump from marks and radio beacons turn off,
- hardcover A4 format, beautifully executed with many pictures, >200 pgs, condition as new,. € p.o.a,,pt,single ex,,nl,with minor damage a.d,,nl,back for €,,nl.
● Retake Arnhem Bridge – Illustrated History Kampfgruppe Knaust Sept-Oct 1944
- fraai uitgevoerd & GESIGNEERD boek over acties Kampfgruppe Knaust (Military District VI) consisting of 4 Panzer Grenadier Kompanien over een Panzer Kompanie , the Sept-Oct 1944 were used against the British Paratroopers at Oosterbeek during the last days of Op.Market Garden.
- hardcover boek in A4 format, with many unique photos by Karl-Heinz Stove, became one of the German soldiers , be ttv. fighting.
- Incl. reprint German topographical map 1940, many unique photos, 168 pgs, 2nd print, last ex.,nl!condition as new, € on request
● Freddie Gough’s Specials at Arnhem – The story of the 1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron – Bob Hilton,,fr,By author signed copies,,nl,Since the British times on,,nl,Market Garden far from their target,,nl,the bridges at Arnhem,,nl,was landed at,,nl,a special unit,,nl,jeeps provided with machine guns,,nl,consisting of the 1st Airborne Reconnaissance squadron,,nl,th Field Company Royal Engineers,,en,which quickly flown to the landing area would tear the Rhine bridge via a separate route along the track,,nl,This "coup de main,,nl,unit later given the name 'Freddie Gough's Specials,,nl
● Omdat de Britten tijden Op. Market Garden ver van hun doelwit (de bruggen bij Arnhem) landden werd op 17 seven 1944 een speciale eenheid met 32 jeeps voorzien van machine geweren (bestaande uit de 1e Airborne Reconnaisance Squadron + 9th Field Company Royal Engineers) ingevlogen die snel van het landingsterrein naar de Rijnbrug zouden scheuren via een aparte route langs het spoor.
●Deze ‘coup de main’ eenheid kreeg later de naam ‘Freddie Gough’s Specials’ naar de commanderende officier Maj. Freddie Gough.
●Het plan mislukte volledig mede door toedoen van een Duitse SS- trainingseenheid van Sepp Krafft die toevallig bij Wolfheze in de bossen lag. Een aantal jeeps slaagde er later die dag toch in om de Rijnbrug te bereiken. De noordzijde van deze brug was toen reeds bezet door Lt.Col. Frost’s 2e Batallion
● hardcover met DC, A4 format , 256 pages, 288 B&W photographs, 14 maps, condition as new,. € on request
● Operation Jedburgh: Secret Allied missions in NL 1944-45 – Jelle Hooiveld
- history of the multinational 'Jedburgh' teams at the end of the war in NL operated behind enemy lines, softcover , 288 pgs, BW. photos, NL book
- nw € 19,90
● The End of the 3rd Reich – D.Anderson,
- o.a. over Market Garden, Ardennes, Hurtgenwald, On. Varsity,
- A4, 256 pgs, SC, rich Geill, EN-lingual, sheet ill,
- condition as new,. € 12,50
● Longest Day – C.Ryan,
- famous book on D-Day, English, 350 pgs, Geill, PB, condition as new,.€ 6,95
● The Eagle's Nest – v.Capelle & Above Camp,
- mooi grootformat NL boek over Hitlers’ residence in Berchtesgaden,
- 240 pgs, Geill, HC, A4,
- condition as new,. € 17,50
● Operatie VARSITY: Krieg vor der appropriate Haustür - A.Berkel
- one of the few, neutral written, German books on Operation 'Varsity', the largest airborne operation of WW2 to support the Rhine Crossing 1945 in Wesel. 2e revised edition, vele photo's (o.a. Robert Capa!!),
- soft-cover/ gelumbacked, 374 pgs, form.18,5 x 24,5 cm,
- new € 27,95
● Battlefield Hürtgenwald 1944/1945 – R.Mommartz
- handige Duitse gids voor bezoek aan dit alhier onbekende, but bloody battlefield under Cologne where the Americans over 30.000 man lost in '44-'45 .....
- nw € 19,95
● Hölle im Huertgenwald – ’44-’45 – A.Hohenstein/ W.Trees
- Thé German book about the Battle of the Huertgenwald sept.44-febr45. Deze bloederige slag is -onterecht- een ‘vergeten’ veldslag ten zuiden van Aken. The Americans tried for months in vain to break through the German Siegfried Line or Western Wall,,nl,gr paper,,fr,The Americans tried for months in vain to break through the German Siegfried Line or Western Wall,,nl,gr paper,,fr, wat ze op 35.000 man aan verliezen kwam te staan. De Duitse verliezen waren minstens even hoog, de verwoesting van de dorpen enorm
- Ingebonden hardcover, A4 format, 320 pgs, vele fotos ,
- occ € p.o.a.
● Ardennen 1944, Use of 26.Volkgrenadier Division (Bastogne) – W.Weisz
- handig battlefieldboekje voor de Bastogne bezoeker
- condition as new,. 140 pgs, several. cards and photos,
- condition as new,. € SOLD OUT! !
● The Battle of the Bulge 1: Attack of the 6.Panzer Army – Hans Wijers
- Duitse ooggetuigen geïnterviewd, published 2014,
- hardcover, A4 format, 159 pgs, 161 pictures and ill, dim. 21 x 28,7cm , German,
- new € 34,95
● The Battle of the Bulge 2: Storm on the northern front - decision in Krinkelt-Roche Rath – Hans Wijers
- Duitse ooggetuigen geïnterviewd, published 2014,
- hardcover, A4 format, 165 pgs, 124 pictures and ill, dim. 21 x 28,7cm , German,
- new € 34,95
● The Battle of the Bulge 3: Die Entscheidung: der Weg über Bütgenbach – Hans Wijers
- Duitse ooggetuigen geïnterviewd, published 2014,
- hardcover, A4 format, 165 pgs, 124 pictures and ill, dim. 21 x 28,7cm , german language,
- new € 34,95
● The Battle of the Bulge 4: 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division Kämpfe im Nordabschnitt der Ardennenoffensive 1944/45 Augenzeugenberichte – Hans Wijers
- Duitse ooggetuige verslagen
- Hardcover, A4 format, 17 x 24 cm, 181 pgs, 171 foto’s en kaarten
- german language
- new € 34,95
OFFER: DEZE VIER DELEN SAMEN VOOR EURO 139,50 INCL.VERZENDING IN NL!!
● Artillerieduell der Fernkampfgeschütze am Pas de Calais 1940-1944 – Hans Sakkers & Marc Machielse
- beschrijving Duitse Marine batterijen ‘Grosse Kurfurst’, ‘Todt’, ‘Prinz Heinrich’ , ‘Friedrich August’ , ‘ Lindemann ‘ en de spoorartillerie van de Duitse Wehrmacht
- hardcover, A4 format, 238 pgs vele foto’s en ill.
- condition as new,, € 39,50
TANKS EN VOERTUIGEN /WEHRMACHT
● Tiger tank, the legendary German tank 1942-1945 – Egon Small & Volkmar Kühn
- large format thick book (416pgs!!), with 606 (!) photos,
- format 21,5 x 26,5 cm, bound, new. 2e revised edition
- nw € 22,95 (new). (Vz.kn. v.a. €5,95) .
● Tiger Abteilung 503 - F.W.Lochmann and Others,
- nwe edition, 640 pgs!, 350 photos, A4 format 24 x 30 cm, bound,
- fantastic book about legendary Tiger tank unit,
- new € 49,95 (Vz.kn v.a. € 5,95)
● Im Panzer- I survived,,de,Armin Böttger / Karl-Heinz Munch,,de,German nw,,nl – Armin Böttger
- German journal tank soldier, many unique pictures vd author,
- Böttger overleefde – met zware brandwonden- de oorlog en werd later tandsarts
- German, HC, 350 pgs , 296 BW. in 64 color photos (!),
- nw € 21,95 (vz.kn NL € 5,95)
● Panzer Vor! - K.Alhlman
- the dramatic history of the German-tank weapon during WW2,
- German, 408 p / 209 BW. photos, HC, condition as new,. 17 x 24 cm,
- nw € 17,95 (Vz .kn v.a. €5,95)
● Die 12. Schwadron Panzerregiment 24 im Einsatz – Armin Böttger/ Karl-Heinz Münch
- mooi Duits boek over Duitse pantsereenheid,
- hardcover, A4 format, 160 pgs, 120 zw.w en kleurenfoto’s
- condition as new,. € 17,95
● Im Panzer IV und Tiger an der Ostfront – Alfred Rübbel
- the personal diary of a tank soldier on the Eastern Front (39-45),
- German, geb.hardcover, A4 format, 240 blz met 240 photos,
- condition as new,. € 27,95
● Vergiss die Zeit der Dörner nicht! – Günther Koschorrek,
- known German biography ve. soldaat 24.Panzerdivisie aan het Oostfront en in de Slag om Stalingrad
- geb.hardcover 341 pgs, 130 BW. photos, 17x 24 cm, condition as new, € 29,95 (Vz.kn.NL v.a. €5,95)
● Sturmgeschütze, panzer der Infanterie – Franz Kurowski/ Gottfried Tornau,
- Dramatic history of a special weapon 39-45 based on the Mk.IV tank,
- German, geb.hardcover, big format 21,5 x 26,5 cm, 400 pgs met 422 photos(!),
- Nieuwste, revised edition , condition as new,. € 27,95